Monday, March 2, 2009

Stars v. Ducks (formerly Mighty)





















Kent and I enjoyed some weekend hockey action at the American Airlines Center on Saturday. The Dallas Stars faced off against the Anaheim Ducks. I was disappointed to learn that the Star's west coast opponent no longer used their Disney-famous title of The MIGHTY Ducks, but were now simply the Ducks. They also no longer make use of the Flying V nor the triple deke. Oh, the times, they are a changing. 

Despite their abandoned offensive threats, the Ducks still managed to outscore the Stars, entertaining me with 7 total goals and 2 fist fights. I also included pictures of the Stars dancers and the ice girls who periodically scrape the shavings off the ice during time-outs. Yes, they are wearing boob shirts and low rider pants. I guess that is just one more possible meaning for the term "reaching for the stars."

No comments: